'All your apartment services in one place'
PMD Block Management Services
PMD take pride in ensuring that the appearance of all blocks in management are
maintained to as high a standard as possible. This is achieved by appointing
reliable and hard working contractors that are on site on a regular basis, namely
the team of cleaners, gardeners and window cleaners.
- Draw up specifications for cleaning to communal areas and gardening to communal grounds.
- Appoint contractors and issue contracts.
- Hold regular site inspections and meetings with contractors to ensure high standards of work.
- Recruit and appoint site based staff.
- Management of site staff and deal with all associated employment matters.
- Ensure all refuse and recycling is collected effectively by local authorities.
- Scheduled site inspections to identify repairs to communal areas and any health & safety issues.
PMD use tried and trusted companies to undertake maintenance work.
This ensures a good standard of work and value for money.
- Promptly action reported maintenance issues.
- Undertake site inspections.
- Instruct contractors.
- Keep owners informed on the progress of works.
- Liaise with surveyors.
- Organise larger scale works involving tendering exercises.
- Carry out consultation exercises in accordance with the Leasehold & Commonhold Reform Act 2002.
- Post inspect to ensure all works completed satisfactorily.
- Plan for future maintenance requirements.
- Organise health, safety and fire risk assessments and implement recommendations.
- Arrange regular servicing of fire alarms, smoke detectors, emergency lights, etc.
- Organise asbestos surveys and implement asbestos management system as necessary.
Ensuring there is appropriate insurance cover in place for your block is essential to give complete
peace of mind. PMD are able to do this using specialist providers which offer tailor-made policies.
All insurance work is in line with FCA requirements.
- Obtain quotes for all relevant insurance, including buildings cover, directors & officers liability cover, terrorism and lift engineering.
- Place cover and make payment of premiums.
- Hold full policy documents and provide owners with schedules of cover.
- Handle insurance claims and liaise with owners to ensure speedy resolution.
PMD ensure that prudent financial management is put in place as part of the management package.
It is essential that sufficient funds are generated by each block to meet existing commitments
along with the need to plan ahead for future projects.
- Set annual budgets.
- Issue service charge and ground rent demands in accordance with the lease.
- Instruct solicitors when needed to recover unpaid service charge and ground rent.
- Monitor budgets.
- Maintain separate company bank accounts.
- Make payment of approved invoices to contractors and utilities.
- Liaise with accountants in the preparation of accounts and service charge statements.
- Deal with HMRC in respect of any corporation tax payable.
- Undertake income and expenditure projections.
The involvement of owners in the management of their block is a key element of the service provided
by PMD. Regular contact is maintained with all owners via email, newsletter or correspondence.
Meetings are held with residents to discuss key matters affecting their block.
- Act as company secretary.
- File at Companies House all documentation in respect of the registered office, annual returns, details of directors, etc.
- Maintain company books.
- Issue share certificate, certificates of compliance and membership certificates.
Prepare and distribute notices of board meetings and annual general meetings. Attend meetings,
take minutes and circulate accordingly. Advise on procedural matters.
"We chose PMD Block Management to manage our local development several years ago. Professional, reliable and trustworthy. Highly recommended."
"Approachable, well-organised, an exemplary management service. Any necessary repairs accomplished with speed and all matters of finance dealt with in an efficient way."